Sunday, March 11, 2007

Remembering the Old Timers

I was looking through the photos and thinking that these couches are like old friends. Do you remember them fondly?




First baby, first couch.


This was one tough couch that survived the 60's and then crossed the plains.










Second baby, couch in disguise.












Second couch, and a wonderful coat.


I think that we even paid money for this couch.






This is the 70's, can you tell?


In the future, when TV remotes were invented, this couch would suck them down into its big, inaccessible hollow spaces.









Third couch and a bunch of kids.













Past its prime, but still hanging in there.







4 comments:

~ Amy said...

That was the best! I don't remember couch #1 but I do remember couch #2 and couch #3. Couch #2 could suck an entire person into it! I don't know how couch #3 survived all us kids as long as it did.

Sidebar: I remember getting that picture taken Easter morning with our chocolates. Man, Adam's noggin is looking huge in that photo!

jjp said...

Didn't that leather couch once split someone's head open?

~ Amy said...

Yah, Dave's (of course)...

Mom said...

Oh, my gosh! Couch #2 was actually 1 piece of 3, I think, or at least 2. We thought we were in heaven when we bought that set. And Adam's head was huge. Glad he was able to grow into it.