Thursday, January 26, 2006

Winter is Back

Winter is back. My shoes have white salt lines around them. Driving to work this morning, it was nothing but grey skies seen through a dirty windshield.

I hate it when the snow at the curbs turns black. How can snow be so ugly?

There was a tow truck at the toll booths waiting and watching for something bad to happen on the slippery roads.

My rear-view mirror has fallen off and it is too cold to glue it back on. It hangs there from a power connection and goes "bonk" if I slow down too fast.

Just have to deal with it and keep going...

... time passes ...

The drive home is much better. I figured out how to unplug my mirror so it doesn't bonk anymore. The roads are clean and dry and feel safe again. The unsightly parts of the city are covered in a clean white blanket. The blue sky has reappeared and there are fluffy little clouds going by. The sun is setting across the river, and along the horizon the sky has a rosy peach color, blending up into a baby blue that you only see in the winter.

My shoes will survive...

I will survive...

Life is good.

5 comments:

Dave said...

I borrowed the truck today. I don't know how many times I tried to look into that non existant mirror.

jjp said...

...time passes...

jjp said...

...time passes...

jjp said...

...time passes...

Pro Payne said...

The mirror fell back off. They glued it back on for the NYS inspection (for $45?). It fell off again.